01 Aug Best Brussels Sprouts
Posted at 14:17h in For the Kiddos, Gluten Free Meals, Health Around You, Healthy Dinner, Healthy Meals, Paleo Meals, Starters, Sides, Soups & Salads 0 Comments
Why do Brussels Sprouts have such a bad reputation? Personally, I think its because they’ve been prepared WRONG by far to many generations of well-intentioned moms and grandmothers. In my opinion, these tasty balls of cruciferous deliciousness should only be steamed (briefly!) and roasted; never boiled! When prepared properly, Brussels Sprouts really are amazingly tasty! But don’t just take my word for it, give this recipe a try and see what you think!
- About 2-4 cups Brussels Sprouts, bottoms removed and halved
- About 1-2 tbs olive or coconut oil or bacon fat
- Pinch or two sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, set to Roasting function (if you don’t have the Roasting function on your stove, Baking is perfectly fine)
- Remove stem portion of each sprout then halve and place in steaming basket.
- Steam sprouts for about 10 minutes until just tender
- Toss in oil and add a pinch or two of salt
- Transfer to oven and roast about 25-30 minutes until golden brown
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.