31 Mar Turkey Broccoli Casserole
Posted at 18:01h in Gluten Free Meals, Health Around You, Healthy Dinner, Healthy Meals, Paleo Meals 0 Comments
Need some inspiration for that leftover turkey (or chicken) taking up space in your fridge? Look no further than this recipe! Its dairy and gluten free, low carb, Paleo, AIP friendly and pretty easy to throw together!
- About 2 cups leftover turkey
- 2 packages low carb “Miracle” Noodles (I use the ones from Costco)
- About 1-2 cups broccoli, finely chopped
- About 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- About 2 cups cauliflower, steamed until tender
- 1/4 heaping cup macadamia nuts, soaked about 4-8 hours or overnight
- 1/4 cup milk (I use unsweetened almond milk) or you can use the water the macadamia nuts soaked in
- 1 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- Add cauliflower to steamer basket and cook until very tender (think cooked potatoes consistency)
- Transfer cooked cauliflower to blender with macadamia nuts and milk or water and blend until smooth and creamy. This mixture tends to be thick so you may need to add a little more liquid to get it to blend.
- In a skillet add the broccoli, mushrooms and turkey and cook on medium heat covered until broccoli becomes tender (about 5-6 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add the noodles then stir in the cream sauce, salt and pepper.
- You can simply heat this mixture up on the stove top or transfer to 350 degree oven and bake until warm (about 15 minutes)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.