19 Dec Paleo Salmon Cakes
These salmon cakes make a great last minute dinner, lunch or snack for the kids. I like to make a batch to have on hand for those days when I just don’t have time to make a healthy lunch. These bold little cakes pack in great flavor with protein and omega 3 fatty acids for a healthy meal addition or snack the whole family will love.
- 2 salmon fillets (wild caught Alaskan is best)
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup grated red onion (optional, omit if low FODMAP)
- 1 tbs ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- pinch of salt
- Combine equal parts Dijon mustard and Mayo
- Carefully remove skin from salmon with a sharp knife
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until well blended
- Form into patties
- Fry on stovetop in about 1 tbs oil, about 3-4 minutes each side OR bake in 350 degree oven on greased cookie sheet about 18-20 minutes (you can also brown each side for about a minute in oil then transfer to cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes).