12 Feb Blueberry/Lemon Muffins
Before I go on and on about how amazing these muffins are, I must first give credit to the lovely and oh-so-talented Tammy Credicott of The Healthy Gluten Free Life. If you haven’t picked up her cookbook “Paleo Indulgences” you’re seriously missing out. Seriously.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbs lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- About 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh if possible (previously frozen will work but will give you pretty blue muffins, make sure you thaw first)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients except blueberries and whisk to combine (I prefer to do this entire process in my food processor and simply pulse to combine ingredients).
- Combine wet ingredients then blend into dry mixture.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter into muffin cups (paper-lined or well greased) evenly dispersing and filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and top springs up when touched.
- Makes 6-10 muffins (depending on size).