03 Aug Keto Coleslaw
First of all- what kind of a name is “coleslaw”? That really doesn’t sound like something I want in my tummy. Thus, I thought about calling this “Keto Slaw” but that also sounds quite unappealing. But, while the name “coleslaw” isn’t great, this recipe is (if I do say so myself). Made with a few simple ingredients and easy to throw together, this recipe is a staple in our house.
AND!! For all you fellow fat-lovers, did I mention its also keto friendly!?! You’re welcome.
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup mayo (I love Chosen Foods brand avocado mayo)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- Pinch or two stevia to taste (I use Trader Joes brand pure stevia)
- Salt and pepper optional, to taste
- Shred the cabbage (I use my mandolin) or purchase it already shredded (Trader Joes carries this).
- Combine remaining ingredients, mix well and enjoy. NOTE- The amount of stevia needed will depend on brand of stevia and how sweet you like your slaw. Use your discretion here and sweeten to taste
- Top with salt and pepper if desired. A pinch of celery salt is also a tasty addition.