04 Jul Stuffed Peppers
While this recipe may look a little more time-consuming, it actually took me about 30 minutes to whip up the last time I made it. AND with riced cauliflower in place of grains and grass fed beef for protein, its a wonderful low carb, high protein Paleo meal! For those who need a few more carbs (and those who aren’t 100% Paleo) organic corn can be added. In the recipe pictured, half of the peppers have organic corn added while the other half do not. Olives and cheese can also be added if desired.
- 4 bell peppers, halved (any color is fine)
- 1 head cauliflower, riced
- 1 pound grass fed ground meat, browned (any other ground meat will also work)
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbs taco seasoning (I use Trade Joes brand)
Optional Add Ins
- 1/2 cup organic corn (not Paleo)
- 1/2 cup olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 on broil.
- Add chopped onion to ground meat and brown, stirring frequently. While meat is browning, rice cauliflower (I simply chop it up them pulse in food processor).
- Halve the bell peppers.
- Stir cauliflower into browned meat, add tomatoes and taco seasoning and cook about 5 minutes stirring frequently. You can also add olives and corn if desired.
- Carefully spoon cauliflower/meat mixture into bell pepper halves.
- Place in cooking dish and broil, about 10 minutes until just lightly brown on top
- Add toppings of choice and enjoy!